If this is your first appointment at Texas Heart & Vascular, you can print and fill out your forms ahead of time. Please arrange for your primary care physician to send over medical records.
We are happy to assist you and answer any questions you may have about your upcoming appointment or procedure. Please contact us at (512) 623-5300.
A medication refill request should be made at least one week prior to the time you need the refill. Please note, the refill request must be for a prescription ordered by your physician with Texas Heart & Vascular.
- For a refill of your prescription obtained through a local pharmacy, please call the pharmacy to request a refill, even if the bottle/box notes "0" refills available. The pharmacy will call/fax a request to Texas Heart & Vascular for a refill authorization.
- This process usually takes 2-3 business days to complete.
Mail-Order Prescription Service
- For a refill of your prescription obtained through a mail-order prescription service, please call Texas Heart & Vascular, and leave a message for the medical assistant for your physician. Prescriptions can be written for mail-order pharmacy service for 90 days, with additional refills to cover 1 year.
- Some mail-order prescriptions can be faxed from Texas Heart & Vascular to your mail-order pharmacy. If not, then the prescription can be mailed to the patient's home or picked up at the office.
- If a mail-order pharmacy faxes a refill request to Texas Heart & Vascular, it will take 2-3 business days to process the request.
If you have questions regarding the medications you are taking, please contact the nurse of your physician at (512) 623-5300.